Saturday, March 18, 2006

1 more day...

Well, I have one more day left with Gabby before I have to go back to work. I can't believe she is already past the one month mark! Before we know it, she will be on her way to college. I don't have much to report on, Gabby is doing great. Her one month check up went really well, and her doctor says she is growing well. She is now 8lb 4oz and 21 inches long; so she has gained 1lb 3oz and has grown 2.5 inches. He said that she is growing on target, and that she is very healthy.... Now I just have to stop spoiling her on nursing. He told me that I need to limit nursing her to 15 minutes on each side, and then bottle feed her if she is still hungry... He said if she nurses too long, she will use me as a pacifier. Thank, God I have a pump now... And one that actually works! The one that I had gotten work before she was able to nurse, but now that she is nursing regularly, it does not get anything out of me.

My dad is excited about getting to keep her during the week, but he has also been helping me research ways for me to be a stay at home mom. He found an ad in the paper today that is for teachers to work from home, so I will be sending in my resume... It can't hurt. While the school has offered me a pretty good deal for next year, I would much rather be at home with the kids.

Well, I think that is all I have to report right now... I hope all is well with all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie, you are not spoiling her on nursing. While the average is 15 minutes on each side, it is rare that a baby only eats that short of time, especially this young! Please still nurse her on demand when you are home! It is the best thing you can do for her. Even the best pumps aren't as effient as a baby at emptying the breast and over time (if you are limiting her) your supply will decrease. mothering.com is a wonderful site full of good information on nursing and lots of support for work outside of the home moms who are nursing.

Anonymous said...

Hey...
Just stopping in to say hello!
Glad to hear all is well (besides having to go back to work!) I would not want to go back either. I am glad to do daycare work, so I can work and be with our future kids! I hope something works out for you in the near future.. At least God knows the plan!
Later days,