Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Sad Day

I know I don't post on here much, but today I just felt the need to vent. Not your everyday vent either. I got word today that a dear friend lost his life on Monday. His name was Jim. Jim was introduced to me last summer at my parents' Tea Room. Jim quickly became a regular, and we saw him almost every day, sometimes twice in a day. He was always challenging my brothers to make something too spicy for him to eat. Jim's favourite drink was "Teamanaide" which is half a glass of ice tea and half a glass of lemonade. Everyone on staff knew to get that as Jim walked in the door. Jim also enjoyed all the Tex-Mex things on the menu.

Over the winter, Jim took ill. He had pancriatitis. He never really got better. Just as he was starting to plan his trip back to PEI for the summer, he died of Cardiac arrest. Jim will be truely missed. In his honour, my parents will be adding "Jim's Teamanade" onto the menu.

No comments: