Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I am humbled!

Well, as those of you who read this on a somewhat regular basis know, Chris and I got some pretty hard news to take about the baby that is currently growing inside of me. We go back again in January for more testing (ie: another fetal echo, and maybe an amnio). The past few days have been truly amazing to me. When the people at the store Chris works at heard about the problems with the baby, they jumped in right away, and got going on getting some help for us. Christmas for our kids has been cover 100%, Christmas dinner was given to us, we have received an abundance of gift cards to use for meals on our numerous trips to and from Halifax, and they say they are not done. We have also been given a computer for Christian! It is not knew, but is a very nice refurbished computer (that a lady I talked to while in the hospital with my kidney infection set up for us). I was also very blessed to talk to Dena in a conversation that I expected to only cover a confirmation of our plans for Christmas dinner. In that phone call, Dena asked me if I would mind if she worked on getting people to help out with the girls during the day and meals for the family while I am a resident of the IWK. While Chris is not so good at accepting help, I know that he is in for a lot more than he can handle when I am away. I have actually been looking into asking someone to take the girls in day and night while I am gone, because he really does work a lot. It is a big task to take on, as I will be gone at least a month, maybe two, maybe even longer. It all depends on how the baby takes to the surgery, and if more surgery is needed. So again, I am humbled by the generosity of both friends and strangers alike. I can't begin to thank people enough for all that they have done for us in this holiday season. My kids are getting an amazing Christmas, one that Chris and I could not have given them this year! Merry Christmas everyone, may your hearts be filled with Joy in this time of celebrating our Saviors birth!

1 comment:

Mommy of Four said...

What an enormous multitude of blessings! I am AMAZED at how I've seen the Lord providing so specifically for people this season...even by responding to the unspoken requests of our hearts! Just one more reminder of the real reason to celebrate His birth tomorrow!