Tuesday, March 28, 2006

From the mouths of babes...

Well, it is easy to say that I would rather be home with Gabby everyday, than working... but I must say, it is not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Yesterday was probably the best school day I have ever had with this class. The kids were so good, and so cute. Some of the highlights (in quote form) are listed below, but in no particular order, whatsoever.

"Mrs. Richards, how old are you?" (25) "Man, you are so young! My mommy and daddy are way older than you!"

"Mrs. Richards, does your daughter know how to talk yet?"

"Mrs. Richards, where do you sleep, I have never seen your bedroom here at school."

"Can we have recess all day long tomorrow?"

"Mrs. Richards, can you hang upside down on the monkey bars?" (I did)

As you can see, I have some really interesting students! They keep me smiling, and they keep me busy, so my time away from Gabriella is hard, but not as hard as I thought it would be. Playing with my first graders really helps.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Glad to hear the little ones are keeping you entertained. Mine are doing the same for me these past few weeks.. I am getting more and more anxious for Tyler, but the kids always seem to have something cute to say or do that keeps me smiling and patient!
Any new pics? ;)
Laters,

matthew said...

kids are cute

Anonymous said...

I too have an example from today! I had 2 2 year olds and twin 5 year olds.. the girl was content to play with the youger kids, and the boy twin had been talking with me on and off outside.. We had been talking about why he was not playing with the other kids, and how he wanted some one his age to play with.. He got to asking.. "Dont you ever wish you had someone to be with you?" (or something very close to that..) Implying I live all alone, and I must be lonely... :P He's a smarty too, so I know thats what he meant! It made me smile... boy kids grow up fast! They really take things in!
Working with children is great!
Denise :)

Sarah Gomez said...

haha - i love kids. Thanks for the smiles