Sunday, June 11, 2006

Buddhism...

Well, today my mother in law, Gabby and I went to the final visitation of my brother in law's mother in law. Todd (my brother in law) is married to a Vietmise woman. Her parents are Buddhist. So, the ceremony was a traditional Buddhist deal. We each lit 2 incense and bowed 3 times to the picture of Buddha, and then placed one of the incense in a pot in front of the picture, then we moved on to the picture of the woman who had died, bowed 3 times and then placed the incense in the pot in front of her picture. It was different, but I thought it was a neat concept. They first show their loyalty to Buddha, and then to the passed relative.... Kind of neat, but I still love God, and my faith is still where it has been.... I just thought that I would share my experience with you.

1 comment:

Sarah Gomez said...

interesting concepts..

thanks for the congratulations on my upcoming wedding :D

the HOPED FOR date is Oct 7, but immigration is giving us a schmidgin of trouble so it may have to be postponed...

The plan will be to be in Maine shortly thereafter (after the honeymoon and potentially a trip to Arizona -- that will happen for a second reception, but not sure if it'll be right away or not)

When are you moving to PEI?