Thursday, June 29, 2006

Dare Cares... UG!

Well, the time is coming, where I will have to put Gabby in day care so that I can go back to work. I went to two different Christian Day Cares yesterday to check them out. One of them is run by the same church as the school I work at (I don't get a discount!) The other is run by one of the parents of one of the students at the school. I think that I like the one run by the parent of a student better... Here are the pros and cons:

ABC Word Academy
*$115 per week
*One teacher in the room
*Right around the corner
*I know the staff
*Open from 6:30am-6:30pm
*Lots of colors on walls
*Other babies are at least 2 months older than Gabby


In the Beginning
*$95 per week
*two or more teachers at all times
*8 blocks away
*I know the staff
*Open from 6am-6:30pm
*Walls around crib have pics of baby's family
*There are at least two babies Gabby's age

There are many more, but these are things that stick out... It is a tough call... I don't want to have to put her in Day Care... but, you gotta do what you gotta do...

5 comments:

Mommy of Four said...

I'd go with In The Beginning. Hands down. Sounds like they encourage family well.

Sarah Gomez said...

I concur as well. In the beginning. There's no question based on the info you gave. Seems (based on your lists) that YOU agree as well.

Anonymous said...

I also agree! It's a little further, but you will feel better knowing all the other pro's about the center! The main thing is that you feel good about the center, and knowing your child is being well cared for, and has kids her own age to interact with!
Good luck choosing!
Denise :)

Anonymous said...

I agree. The school not giving you a break is a deal buster! I say move to Canada with your parents when they go. Gabby will have the BEST baby sitters then. ;) All joking aside, it's still close, has more coverage and you know the woman who runs it. Perhaps you could trade some tutoring in exchange for some of the daycare cost?

Newman The Great said...

Hey there: just to add I would also agree go with In the beginning. Just the fact of mulitple staff in the room would make me feel a lot safer with my child being there. By the way I have posted on my blog again.

Chow
Newman