Sunday, September 17, 2006

Eventful...

Well, it has been an eventful week! Monday was Monday.


Tuesday, we had a visitor on campus, and it was all thanks to one of my students from last year! She won an essay contest! For her prize, one of the Houston Texans, DaShon Polk (NFL) came to school with her. He spoke in chapel to the whole school, and then had some time with just her class in the classroom.

I know not everyone that reads this is a football fan... I am not much of one myself, but I was so proud of her, and I just wanted to highlight her on here!
Wednesday the battery in Chris' car (the car I drive to work so he can have the 4 door with Gabby) died! My mother in law and I were running late in the morning, and we got everything into the car, and then it would not start! So I had to go back inside, tell Chris and then took my car, so he was without a car.



Thursday The same student that won the essay contest, also won a prize from the Houston Astros (baseball). She got free tickets and a bunch of other goodies because she sold the most in our school fund raiser. Also on Thursday, one of our 5th graders broke his leg playing soccer at recess.
Friday, After a LONG day at work, I got home 30 minutes earlier than usual and got to spend a lot of good time with Chris and Gabby. Christian seems to distance himself a lot lately.... We are not quite sure why. Gabby and I played for a while on the floor, and all that fun stuff.... but every time her daddy was out of her sight, she would let me know that that was unacceptable!
Saturday we got up around 9am and got ready to leave for a get together at my old High School EHS. We got to see all the changes that were made around campus, and let me tell you, that place looks like a college now! I am feeling a bit jealous that it was not that way when I went there! But, oh well, the tuition is now $18,500 per year. That does not include food, books, or activities. However, I loved EHS, even though you may have heard me say otherwise at times!
Today is also Gabby's 7 month birthday!!!! Here she is, my little monster!



And then I can't leave you without one of her standing up again!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr back to our little monster! She will be walking before we know it!

Anonymous said...

hey gwyn, i dont actully know your email but figured this will work just as well. Sorry about the phone number mishap but that was the one dumb ass gave me wrong one, and i talked to the guy too i was mad when he said no number or mclearn there anyhoo, here the actual number 604 278 5555 room 243! sorry again!