Saturday, September 09, 2006

Quick little update...

Not a lot going on these days. I work Monday-Friday (had this past Monday off for Labour Day) I love weekends, because I get family time. Teaching K-2 is interesting, but also a challenge. First and second grade are easy, but kindergarten is still taking a lot of patience. I am enjoying the innocence of the Kindergarten, but not the fact that they still act like pre-schoolers. I honestly think that they should only have one classroom... having them change classrooms twice in one day has got to be confusing.

I have been fixing a lot of the computers at the school too. The technology teacher comes to me when there is a problem in the lab or with one of the teacher laptops. I have fixed 12 computers already this school year... and we have only been back to work a month.

That is about it for me... Gabby is growing like a weed... I have a feeling she will be walking by 8 months... maybe 9 months. I keep hearing bad things about baby walkers, but we don't have stairs, and Gabby is only in hers for short periods of time in the day. She loves being able to move around. If she is on the floor, she crawls all over the place, and gets into everything! He 2 favorite things to mess with that she should not mess with are the computer and her daddy's shoes.

Christian is becoming very independent. He is hardly ever home, and that makes us sad... but he has a lot of good friends, and likes to hang out with them. Right now he is at the beach with one of his friends family. I can't believe he will be 10 next month!!!!

Alrighty, I thought this was going to be real short, so I will end here. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Oh, and Bucket's baby number 2 is over due and will be born no later than Monday.... check his blog for more details! The like is on my side bar.

3 comments:

Heather Durkee said...

Still fixing computers eh?

I agree that K-4 should have their own classroom. Some are simply not ready for K as well. I find too that they go to Christian schools when they are not ready which makes your Christian school class harder.

I have a challenging class this year. They also seem really young too and I can lose my patience. Have you had any accidents yet??

Heather Durkee said...

Wow, Tammy. that is a lot. I taught 2 grades (3rd &4th) and it was so hard. I can't imagine 3. But yet the curriculum isn't as advanced which helps

Dena said...

Gaby is getting cuter everyday. I'm with you, it's so exciting when they get more mobile, but also kinda sad. Micaiah is kind of crawling (a combo of rolling, scooting, and crawling) and he gets into everything! It drives me nuts to try to keep our floors clean enough because he puts every little piece of debris in his mouth. Children are such a blessing, though. Love ya Gwyn!