Saturday, September 02, 2006

Is it worth it...


Okay... So yesterday at work, I got so PO's that I nearly walked about on my job! I am a teacher at a small Christian School. My lunch break is one of the times that I spend pumping during the day so Gabby will have milk for the next day. Yesterday was pizza day for lunch, and the pizza was running late. So, we kept the kids in the cafeteria to wait, because half of them bring their lunch and already started eating. I went back to my classroom and pumped. When I came back, the pizza still had not arrived! I sat there with the other 2 teachers that share lunch time with me, and talked about a student we were having trouble with. In comes the "principal" and starts getting mouthy with us. She said that she wanted us to take our kids to the classroom when we were told that the lunch would be late, and that we should not have kept them in the cafeteria. Then she told us that we had to take the kids to eat in the classrooms, because the older kids were coming down to eat. I'm sorry, but first of all, the kids stayed in the cafeteria so I could go pump! Secondly, don't you think that the older kids could handle moving to a different room easier!?!?!! The woman should not be a principal!!! She is horrible! I called Chris during my break and told him that if she disrespect me one more time, I am walking out, and he is going back to work! I am so flaming! She thinks that breastfeeding is a privilege, not a right! Isn't that discrimination? Does anyone know of any laws that require her to let me pump at scheduled times??? Women who never breast fed their children just will never understand!

On a happier note, Gabby has been developing so much since I went back to work. She has been sitting up without help now for over a month, she is crawling all over the place, and... wait for it, wait for it.... SHE IS STANDING UP IN HER CRIB! She also loves to play monster... now this is hard to explain, but basically she shakes her arms around and growls..... It is so cute! She has been eating solid foods for a while too! She loves carrots, green beans, sweet potatoes, pears, bananas... you name it, she loves it (baby food wise that is). My little booger is growing up so fast! She is over half way there to being a year old!

Well, I am sure this is long enough. You all have things to do... As do I. So till next time..... Click here to see new pictures

1 comment:

Mommy of Four said...

Yes, there is a law that states that you may pump when your baby usually eats, or on your breaks at the bare minimum. Call your local LaLeche League, and they could tell you the law for certain in your state. But your principal in wrong. It is a right...and your BABY'S right. She is required by law to let you pump...or face some serious lawsuits.