Saturday, February 28, 2009

Here's what's knew...

I should really try and keep my blog up to date better. I know there are still a hand full of you that don't have facebook, so this update is for you. Those of you on facebook are going to get some repeat information in this update, as my blog posts are auto added to facebook.

Baby Nicola is doing pretty good. Still inside Mum. Her heart has been acting wacky in the mornings, but seems to calm down in the afternoon. Yesterday evening, she had a couple spots on the monitor where her heart jumped from 120's to 190's. I am not really sure how often the spikes are happening, because I am only on the monitors for 15 minutes after each meal. This morning, there was only one spike in the 15 minutes, so that is good. Yesterday mornings spikes caused us to have another ultrasound. My doctor caught the spikes on ultrasound as well, so I am not crazy, this really is happening!

At this point, I am still not sure how long they will keep me here at the IWK. The pediatric cardiologist said it could be 2 weeks, it could be 6... It all depends on what happens with her heart. The one thing that frustrates me every time I talk to him is that he calls her a fetus! I am sorry, but she is a BABY! A HUMAN! Off my soap box... Ceri has been treating me so well. She has visited me a lot, and I have only been here since Wednesday. She brought me movies, magazines, clothes (considering I only brought 2 day's worth), toiletries, snacks... She is spoiling me!

I miss the girls a lot. You'd think I would enjoy the break from them, but they are my life. I spend every day, almost every minute with them. So it is very hard to be so far away. It is also hard to be away from Chris. And I know it is not easy on him either. He has never had to care for them alone. He does have help, and for that I am so grateful, I just wish he was more open to accept the help that people are trying to offer. He is a very prideful man, and I am sure many of you can understand that. I am very proud of him, as he has been caring for the girls in the evening, and even using and washing cloth diapers (something he said he would never do!)

Well, I guess that is my update in a minute. I hope all is well with you and yours!

1 comment:

Dena said...

wow, washing cloth diapers! good job!