Thursday, February 05, 2009

Home from Halifax

Well, the girls and I made it home safely. I ended up taking them both to the after hours clinic tonight. They both have a double ear infection and a chest infection! Oh boy, no wonder they have been so crabby! So they are both on meds for that.

My appointments at the IWK went pretty well. Still not convinced 100% either way on the gender, although the one tech is leaning more towards a girl. So, baby remains simi-nameless! Chris and I have agreed on a name for each gender; so we are prepared... although we may change our minds when we see him or her.

As for baby's heart. There has been little to no change, which is GREAT news! The pediatric cardiologist said that as long as I am in Halifax by the time I am 36 weeks, he will be happy. I don't have to live at the hospital like we were originally told. I will be crashing at Ceri's place, as will my girls. He also said that we may be able to put off the surgery on baby's heart until he or she is a little older and stronger, rather than doing it at a week old.

I will have to finish this update later. Alina just woke up and is crying, A LOT! Thanks to everyone who has been praying for this little booger! We appreciate it very much!

1 comment:

Tammy Craig said...

It's great to hear some good news, eh? I'll still be praying for ya, of course. I'm so happy you won't have to stay in the hospital for as long as we thought! Praise God. And I'm still declaring the technician wrong! I won't believe it until you've posted that you've verified the gender with your own eyes, lol! ;) Love ya, bunkie!