Thursday, October 13, 2005

20 weeks, and still kicking... Literally!

So as, the days go by, the baby kicks more and more. He or she will be quite the soccer player some day (following in mommies footsteps). There has not been a lot going on, as you can see by the lack of posts. Christian's birthday is tomorrow, he will be nine! We went on a field trip to the children's Museum. The kids had such a great time; there is so much to do there, and not enough time to do it. After the museum, went went to CiCi's Pizza for lunch. Kids love CiCi's; and so do hungry pregnant women! Well, that is all I have. If you are interested in what is going on with the baby, read on.... Otherwise, comment or come back and visit us soon.

The following is from babycenter.com :
How your baby's growing: Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. She's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom, and about 10 inches from head to heel. (For the first 20 weeks, we use measurements taken from the top of the baby's head to her bottom — known as the "crown to rump" measurement. After that, we use measurements from head to toe. This is because a baby's legs are curled up against her torso during the first half of pregnancy and are very hard to measure.)A greasy white substance called vernix caseosa coats her entire body to protect her skin during its long submersion in amniotic fluid. (This slick coating also eases the journey down the birth canal.)Your baby is swallowing more, which is good practice for her digestive system. She's also producing meconium, a black, sticky substance that's the result of cell loss, digestive secretion, and swallowed amniotic fluid. This meconium will accumulate in her bowels, and you'll see it in her first messy diaper (although a few babies pass it in utero or during delivery).

5 comments:

Richards' said...

haha, they say first time moms could be in labor for an average of 18 hours.... if it ends up more than that, I may go crazy!

Anonymous said...

Good to see another post! It sounds like you are going to have a little hand ful with this new little one.. He or she seems to have a lot of energy! When does the kicking happen, while you are awake, or when you try to sleep? Well, take care!
Denise :)

Mommy of Four said...

Jadon had meconium. It was nasty. When your water breaks, it just keeps leaking. I was so embarrassed. Every time I had to move I begged everyone not to look at the bed, because it looked like I had crapped myself, but really, it was Jadon's. I was pooping someone else's poop! How weird is that?

Heather Durkee said...

our school always goes to CiCi's after a field trip. Today we went to a pumpkin patch. They kids had so much fun that some fell asleep on the way back to school.

Sidenote...I would pay money to see you pregnant. I think i am still in denial and its not reality that your going to have a baby and that you beat me!!

Beckie said...

Hi Gwyn you don't know me but I am a friend of Kayla's and I noticed that you had said you might want a new job I found a 5th Grade teacher position open in the district you live in. :) Here's the link to posting: http://www.fortbend.k12.tx.us/personnel/prof/ElemTchr2004.htm I dont know if that helps but I hope all goes well with your pregnancy and I know God will protect you. He protected all those women before we had doctors. :) Have a blessed weekend!!!