Saturday, October 29, 2005

Good News!

Well, I never did give my letter of resignation, because I was waiting for our fall festival to be over. The festival was last night, and it was a great success! Between school and the festival, the principal asked me to come see her. I went to her office, wondering what in the world she would want to see me for. Well, she first asked if we could pray before she spoke to me... make you want to worry? She informed me right as we were going to pray that I need not worry, the news she had for me was nothing negative.

After praying, she began to remind me of a conversation that we had about a month ago; where she was telling me how good I was doing, and how she really appreciated my staying with the school, and giving my all, even considering the lousy pay. She reminded me that she had been trying to get me a raise in pay. Then she proceeded to tell me that she can now give me that. I will be making more money, and they are paying for my health coverage. The insurance company they are setting me up with will cover the pregnancy and delivery! I can go see a doctor again!!!!!!

See, I told you it was good news!

Oh, and I am getting sick of everyone touching my tummy!!!!

4 comments:

Mommy of Four said...

AHHHHH!!!!!!!! GWYN!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!! So when do you get to see a doc finally? Find out an exact date for when your insurance kicks in, because a new patient visit usually takes a few weeks to get in, but they might rush you anyway, since you're so far along already. YAY!!!!!!!! You need to get a good big picture on here of your tummy! I won't touch it, I promise:) I know, doesn't that get SO annoying? Hate to break it to ya, honey, but it's only going to get worse. Wait until you have people you don't know from Adam in a grocery store come up and touch your belly like they own it. It makes me want to punch them! That's when you just respond to their, "Oh, when are you due?!" question with, "I'm NOT pregnant!" They will usually leave you alone after that:)

Heather Durkee said...

That is awesome!!!

Julie said...

That is awesome! I am glad to hear that. I also have good news. Taylen has a doctor. I am going to post more about when I get in Michigan. I don't have time right now. And I will get all caught up on my blog reading. But I am glad to hear that you have insurance. I know how much of a worry and stress not having it is!

Anonymous said...

Great to hear Gwyn! I could not imagine being pregnant in the US. I am glad you are all set now! Things are looking up! God is good!
Denise :)