Thursday, October 20, 2005

21 weeks, and the kicks go on...

Well, I had the post all typed up, and for some reason, it disappeared! I am so mad! Anyway, that is not the only thing that I am mad about! I am so sick of my boss! She made me very mad today, but I am not going to get into that! Long story short (since I don't feel like typing it all over again) my friend who teaches 5th grade gave her notice and her last day is November 10th. I plan on telling them that they either need to pay me what all the other teachers are making, or more... or I am putting in my notice. They tried to threaten Priscilla (5th grade teacher) by telling her they would take her teaching license and make her job history look bad and all this stuff. Well, her fiancee came in and had a talk with them about that! Our contracts state that we have to give 30 days notice, without reason! She gave them much more than that, and has great reasons for leaving! She is getting married for crying out loud! Like I have said so much in the past 3-4 months, this job is nothing more than a job... there is no ministry left! Unfortunately, I HATE it!

On another note, I saw my mom today! She looked so good.... I had not seen her in a great while, because she works crazy hours and I live far from her now. She is so happy in this job ad I am so thankful that God provided for her a job were she is respected and appreciated, now it is my turn!

My baseball team is going to the World Series!!! GO ASTRO'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now, the baby update, brought to you by babycenter.com :
How your baby's growing: Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long. His eyebrows and eyelids are fully developed. And you can certainly feel him move. He's oblivious to your schedule, though, so don't be surprised if he starts working out just when you're settling down for the night. If you're having a girl, her vagina is formed now, though it will continue to develop until birth.
How your life's changing: You're probably feeling pretty comfortable these days. You're not too big yet, and the usual aches and pains associated with early pregnancy are, for the most part, gone. Relax and enjoy it while you can — the third trimester will bring some mild discomfort from carrying a baby who is nearly full-term.That's not to say you don't have some minor glitches to deal with now. Increased oil production may have given you a mild case of acne, for example. If that's the case, be diligent about washing well with a gentle soap and water twice a day, but don't take any oral acne medications — or even use any topical acne products — without checking with your practitioner first.You're also prone to
varicose veins now (especially if your mom has them). That's because pregnancy puts added pressure on the veins in your legs. (Your blood volume is increased and your uterus puts pressure on the inferior vena cava, the large vein that returns blood from the lower half of your body to your heart.) As if that's not enough, an increase in the hormone progesterone causes the walls of your blood vessels to relax, so as your baby and uterus grow, the veins can become more and more prominent. Varicose veins tend to worsen with each pregnancy, and while they're most likely to show up in your legs, they can also appear on your vulva.If your legs ache, put maternity support hose on first thing in the morning. Increasing your circulation with a brisk walk each day can also help, as can elevating your legs and sleeping on your left side with your feet propped up with a pillow.

3 comments:

matthew said...

the astros are my 2nd favorite team and i am very excited that my 2 favorite teams may win in consecutive years

Anonymous said...

That does not sound like a very Christian school at all, not even like a decent public school.. That is very sad indeed.
You will find your place eventually, and God has a purpose even if it is one we dont always see ;)
Glad to see your updates each Friday!
Denise :)

Richards' said...

Matthew, the mayor of Houston declared this a sock free weekend! If you wear socks, then you are supporting the White Sox.

Tammy, glad to see you're alive and kicking! There are some Pot Belly restaurants in Ohio, not sure if any of them are close to you, but that is who my mom works for now, and she could write you a recommendation letter if you are close to one! Also, I would love for you to come down and meet my principal, pretend you are applying for the 5th grade job that they are trying to fill by November 10th, and then tell her flat out to her face that you would rather work at McDonalds than for a two faced principal! :)

Denise, life goes on... but I have written my letter of resignation, and it waits as I search for a new job :)