Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Taming of the Toddler

So I am trying to figure out how to contain my dearest daughter Gabriella! She can now successfully climb in and out of all of her "cages" without getting hurt! Her crib is the only thing I can lock her in that she has not tried to climb out of, but I know she will be working on that one next. I am worried actually.... because we have the stairs... and she is still not 100% stable going down on her own. I am so afraid she is going to climb out of the crib at night and fall down the stairs. Baby gates are useless, as she climbs right over them... I am out of ideas! Please help! Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

3 comments:

Mommy Rader said...

Is her room upstairs?? And does it have a door?? Cause Gabe's was and when Gabe was at that point, I started putting these door handle cases over the actual door handles to discourage opening the door during sleeps/naps. You can find them at almost any place :) Have you tried those? And as for her climbing over the gates I'm just as stumped as you!! But at least those door handle covers will keep her from getting out of her room and going down the stairs when she shouldn't. UNTIL she figures those out too....Gabe has. But he's okay to go down the stairs by himself, so perhaps your toddler will be at that point as well once she masters the door knob lock :) Good luck and keep us posted!

Mommy Rader said...

Oh...and I couldn't see a THING in your video....completely black :(

Mommy of Four said...

Get the screen gates...the kind that are made of fabric. She can't climb those:)