Thursday, October 04, 2007

My Doctor's Appointment... with a twist

Okay, so I went to my Doctors appointment yesterday, and she took one look at me and said "What's wrong!" I began to tell her about the head ache I have had for the past 3 days.... It was so bad 2 nights ago that I was dizzy, nauseous, and sweating! She did the weekly check up, and then wrote out a sheet for me to take to Labor & Delivery. I was hooked up to IV and they had this stuff pumping in me SOOOOO fast! I went through God only knows how many IV bags, and some sort of pain killers (I forget which one) The meds seemed to kick in pretty quick, and the nurses were very nice! My hand hurts really bad from the IV though, they had a hard time finding a good vein! All in all, not a bad trip... still pregnant though!

3.5 cm dilated
50% effaced
gained a little too much weight this week... I am up to 23 lb gained this pregnancy.

4 comments:

Tami said...

today is a good day to have a baby. Today is my birthday!!
(10:36pm Atlantic time)

Dena said...

congrats on being so close!!!

Mommy of Four said...

Gwyn, I'm starting to worry about you!!! Where's my phonecall?? Where are YOU?!

Mam-Gu said...

Hang in there HE will be here soon! All joking aside, our newest addition will be here in his/her own time. Remember going into labor on your own will most likely mean a shorter labor. I hate the fact that I had to be induced for you and your brothers and I never was able to do it on my own. Trust your Dr & GOD. Big city medicine drove the thinking in all your births, I think your DR here has a point. Hang in there kido. I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!