Friday, December 23, 2005

This, that and the other...

Well, it has been an interesting couple of days :) I don't like big cities... I hate living in a big city... And I don't understand why people are so rude in big cities! I can't wait until we move up north, and into a small town where I will feel it is safe to raise my family! During the hustle and bustle of last minute Christmas shopping, somehow, I managed to misplace 4 checks from my check book... Now they could not just fall out, they have to be pulled out. So how could this happen... I have no answer... All I know is that they are not there. I contacted the bank as soon as I noticed the missing checks. They froze my account, but my check card will still work. They are just changing the account number and will transfer our check cards to the new number. I am so glad that they have 24 hour phone reps!

Soon after I got the missing checks reported, I received a phone call from Lincoln Grant Services. Anyone ever heard of them? They told me that because I was a tax paying citizen in good standing with my state and country, I had qualified and was selected for an $8,000 grant that I never have to pay back. The rep that I spoke with was named Austin David, and he sounded like he was from the middle east. He was telling me all about how I would get no less than $8,000 from this grant and maybe even more. All I had to do was give them my bank account number, and they would deposit the money into my account, after they charged me $268. Well, if you think I was stupid enough to give them bank info, you are underminding me way to much! I am not an airhead. I called my dad to tell him all about it... He said "I hope you told them to go to Hell!" Anytime it sounds to good to be true, it usually is... And when they want money from you in order to get the money they are saying you get... It is just a way for them to get money!

On a happier note, I went to dinner with my brother in law, his wife and a bunch of her family tonight. Chris had to work... As usual. It was fun... I met my sister in laws sister... She was so funny the whole time! We were talking about how animals get jealous of babies, and she was making suggestions on how to make the pets feel like it is not a huge change, and they will still get the attention that they have gotten used too.

Now, I hope you learned something from this long winded blog... 1)Watch your check book! Especially at this time of year! 2)Don't buy into these stupid phone calls from bogus companies! 3)Enjoy time with the inlaws... You learn a lot about your spouse!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Tis the season! I am glad everything is going well! I get emails saying I can have money deposited into my bank all the time.. crazy ppl. I hope no one falls for that!
In-laws are fun!
Talk to you laters!
Another Christmas just about over...