Wednesday, September 21, 2005

EEEEEK HURRICANE!

Okay, so now we are the victims at hand. Rita is headed right for us :( We have not done anything by any means when it comes to preparing the house. There is no more plywood at the stores, no water, nothing. My parents think that they will be okay staying here, they live in North West Houston. We live in South Houston, otherwise known as Sugarland. While they have not said anything about Sugarland evacuating, we think it may be a good idea. Chris does not want to leave. He wants to say here and take care of the house and all the stuff. I have to admit, I am getting a bit scared. I am not sure if I should stay, or go to Dallas and stay with my sister in law or my other sister in laws sister (was that confusing?) Chris wants me and Christian to go, and he wants to stay... does that sound bad? I told him that I don't care about our stuff, I just want us all together. So, we may leave around 3am tonight/tomorrow morning and head for Dallas... So, I don't know, but I will keep you all updated as I know more, and as I can get to a computer. Please keep Texas in your prayers, this is a category 5 hurricane, and it is supposed to be a historical storm. Ok, so I am rambling because we are on and off the phone with family all over the US and Canada. Love y'all!

3 comments:

matthew said...

Hope you stay safe Gwyn. Better to error on the side of safety.

Steph said...

How did it work out? Keep us posted.

Heather Durkee said...

Gwyn--we are praying for you. Use your gut feelings and take advice to your parents. Stay safe, this hurricane season is crazy! I remember all the flooding here last year in VA, but this is getting insane. Hurr-icane go away, come back another day! If you need anything give me a call or email me.