Monday, September 19, 2005

More, more, more...

So, I found out this morning that one of my students older sister died over the weekend. She had down syndrome, and had been in the hospital since July. Imani (my student) came to school with a cough, and was feeling sick to her tummy all morning. When she ran for the bathroom holding her mouth, I took that as a sign to send word to the office to have her mom pick her up. I later found out that her parents were in the middle of making funeral arrangements when they were contacted. I sent work with her, so hopefully she was distracted from the painful information her parents were going through.

At the end of the day, I received word that I will have a new student tomorrow morning. So now, I have the most (no longer tied for the most) students in the school, and I am still the lowest paid teacher. But, I keep on because I love the Lord, and I love those kids!

I am seeking various possibilities on where to have the baby. I have considered libido at a birthing center. I learned that birthing centers tend to cost less than a hospital, and you get to do things your way, and kids are welcome in the room. We want Christian to be in the room when the baby is born. No, he is not going to be down on the side where the baby comes out, he wants to hold my hand :)

Check out this site to find out some of the stuff I have found out! http://www.americanpregnancy.org/labornbirth/birthingcenter.html

3 comments:

Heather Durkee said...

Isn't working with children alway interesting??? I think that birthing centers are pretty good (that is what I hear). And heck, if its cheeper, go for it. I always wanted to have children in Canada due to the freeness, but we plan on being in VA for a long time. It never hurts to do your financial homework.

Mommy of Four said...

You'll have to check into your insurance's policy on birthing centers once you get insurance. Many plans won't cover anything outside the hospital. Also, if it DOES cover it, make sure you do some research ahead of time when looking for a doc, because a lot of docs or midwives, or whatever you choose will only deliver in the hospital. We had considered a home birth with Jadon, but my midwife said they will only deliver the babies on the hospital. So, keep that in mind, too, when looking for a physician. Your best bet for a home birth or something, though, will be going through a midwife. I will always go to the hospital, though, after the complications we had with Jadon's delivery. Well, they won't LET me do anywhere else to begin with, but for safety's sake, I will always deliver at a hospital where all equipment is ready when an emergency happens. Hope this helps!

Heather Durkee said...

Thinking about you... I hope you are safe from the hurricane. Let me know if you are away from it!