Saturday, January 14, 2006

I'm a Star!

So yesterday at work, we handed out report cards to the students. Before handing them out, we were to have a copy of them in the files in the office. I got all of that done in the morning before the kids got their, and had the report cards in their daily folders when they returned from Science Lab. I think it is so funny how something so easy can confuse someone. Our second grade teacher did not understand the report card process, and had to redo hers 3 times. From what I understand, when she taught in New York, she submitted her computer grade book, and the school made the report cards. I like the old fashion way myself, then I know it is done the way I want it done! When I was about to leave. my principal came to me and said "YOU ARE A STAR!" and she gave me a sticker!

My classroom is looking awesome... I guess you could call what I have done to it nesting. I have cleaned organized and rearranged a lot in there. (no I did not move anything heavy). It is almost ready for the sub to take over when I go on my leave.

Today Katie (my best friend from church since I was little) and I went to a "Baby Shower" at BabiesRus. It was basically I thing where you could get ideas for what to do at the baby shower. They had these really cute ideas... one was a rose made out of baby socks, soooo cute! Another was a bunch of diapers rolled up and made to look like a layer cake. They were so cute! I entered into a bunch of raffles, and bought a few things that I really needed (wont go into detail). Oh, and I also found out that one of the things I registered for has been recalled! YIKES! So, that will come off the registry!

Well, that is all for now. Hope all is well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I read your comment on Tyler's blog! YAY... keep us updated on when! and yes, we will be working on the baby thing! ;) then we can have play dates.. though the kids will be a year different in ages.. meh!
Laters,
Denise :)

Elizabeth said...

Gwyn, Nice work on getting the report cards done. I was so releaved when I finished mine, only no one gave me a sticker.

Mommy of Four said...

someone made me a diaper cake for my shower gift....it was so cute! The diapers were crap, though...totally unusable! :(