Sunday, January 22, 2006

What to do...

Well, today was a very busy day! I am kind of unsure of where to start. This morning, Chris had to be at work at 10:30, and Christian and I went to church on my parents side of town. It was raining all day, and that made it harder to drive. We left an hour before church started so that we would not be late. The service was so awesome! The new preacher is great! After church, everyone stayed for soup and chili and then we had our annual parish meeting. This lasted about two and half hours. The new preacher has so many awesome ideas for the church. One of the things that he pointed out is that the youth are very important, and that ministering to the youth of the church is a big part of evangelism. He also noted that he has asked Beccy (our full time youth/children's pastor) to stand as only the children's pastor, leaving an opening for youth minister. I could not tell you how many people came up to me and asked me if I planned to apply for that role. Everyone knows that I have been trying to find a new job, and everyone also knows that I absolutely love the youth of my church! So, here I am, caught in the middle of should I apply, is this what God wants me to do? So, I ask that all of you who read this blog, please say an extra prayer for me. I am going to be making this decision a big part of my devotions with God, as I ask His guidance in this.

4 comments:

Heather Durkee said...

Sounds exciting! Hey, it never hurts to apply for anything!

matthew said...

yeah, i'll definitely keep that in prayer. Sounds like an exciting possibility :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds awesome! I'll be thinking of you in my prayers! I think you know what you should go with though! Not sure why I said that, but I felt it was the right thing to say! ;) Talk to you laters,

Mommy of Four said...

Are you going to have them check you to see if you're dialating yet? My baby's dropped already.....I hope she waits at least a few more weeks....