Friday, January 20, 2006

The joys of parenting...

So it has been over a year now since Chris and Christian came into my life. The day Chris introduced me to his son (Christian) I immediately wanted to be a part of their lives. Seeing the love and bond that they share gave me assurance that raising a family with Chris would be just fine! Now as we approach the birth of our first child together, he is getting very nervous! Everyone asks if I am getting nervous, and I say "no, I don't need to be, Chris is nervous enough for the both of us :)

Today I took the day off from work, and took Christian to see the pediactric surgeon. After an hour in the waiting room, the doctor came to speak with me. She told me that basically his left side is growing faster than the right and that it is very normal in boys. She said that not everyone notices it, and it does not show this much in all boys, and most are inverted. She wants to see him again in 6 months to make sure that nothing has gotten worse. Thank you to everyone who has been praying for him. We appreciate it a lot!

In other news, my mom lost her job last weekend, though her last day is tomorrow. I was going to ask that y'all pray that she could find a new job fast, but she already did! I am so proud of her! And, she will be making the same amount of money, and working less hours! YEAH!

My last doctors appointment went great! It took about 5 minutes... She listened to the babies heart, measured my belly, and said "okay see you in a week!" I think it is so funny how little they do. Well, we are looking at Valentine's Day as a possible due date... though I think it will be the 20th :) We shall see!

No comments: