Friday, August 26, 2005

Ah, the weekend!

Well, it has now been two weeks since the school year began, and my class is still great! They are a good bunch, and I thank God for that... it is the only reason I feel called to stay there! I talked to the principal today about getting a day off to take care of getting my drivers license and social security card changed for both name and address. She first insisted that I could do both of those online. I told her that I tried it, and you have to go to the offices for name changes. I am way past the deadline for the address change, but I blame that on the County Clerks office for taking way to long to send us our marriage license. Anyway, so she asked me who I had to cover my class for the day... I almost started laughing, but she was serious. I proceeded to tell her that it was not my responsibility to find a sub, I have the right to my personal days, and the sub is up to them. Well, she found a sub, and I have Monday off. Probably one of the worst days of the work week to go to DPS, Social Security and Medicaid, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

My students don't know that I wont be there, because I was not informed until after school. I pray that they will respect the sub!

No comments: