Thursday, August 11, 2005

When God says stay...

So today was a very long day! Christian and I spent most of the morning and part of the afternoon working on my classroom. For one day, it looks pretty darn good! Open house was tonight... And you know, that sign I was waiting on to tell me whether to stay at this school or get out of my contract, it came today! Right before I was about to leave, there were two ladies and a little boy outside my classroom. I asked them what grade the young boy was in and they said first. I unlocked the door and brought them in. Tyler, the little boy ran to me, gave me a big hug, and said "I can't wait until Monday!" He remembered me from last year. What a little cutie! So anyway, that little act made me realize that my anger towards all the changes was making me forget the most important part of my calling; being Jesus to the kids! Tonight, Tyler was Jesus to me!

No comments: