Monday, August 22, 2005

Is this job ministry?

So, I was talking to one of my co-workers today during my break. We talked about the great detail that the principal expects us to have in our lesson plans. We compared ours to one another, and to difference in them were amazing! By the guide that we were given to follow (by the principal) I have a page per subject, per day, hand written. My co-worker had a page per subject, per week. Both were approved as acceptable. So what do I do? Do I cut back on my detail? Do I try to mimic her shorthand? Or do I continue the way that I have done? Either way, I still don't see the ministry in it. So much emphasis is placed on the TAKS correlation that I have a hard time knowing if the kids are truly getting anything out of the lesson. I have decided that I will not include a TAKS correlation in my Bible lesson. It is bad enough that we have to correlate the TAKS into the lessons, but Bible is one thing I am not messing with. My co-worker and I are also discussing the possibility of team teaching. We want to get a bit of a break from teaching the same kids all day. This was an idea given to us by the principal, and now we may go through with it. I could get out of teaching Social Studies!

Well I think that is all for now!

2 comments:

Steph said...

i have a question....what is TAKS?

Richards' said...

It is a standardized test