Tuesday, August 16, 2005

To busy to blog...

So, two days down, a lot more to go! The kids are great! Twelve little first graders in my hands. These kids are very smart for their age, and I am blessed for that! I have one student who is very emotional, and he always seems to think that everyone is out to get him. It is sad that after two days, this is already showing. His father did tell me that he is ADD, so if he is on meds, that may play a part in it. I plan to conference with the parents on this one! I made my lesson plans based on what the ABeka curriculum suggested for the first week... HAHAHA, that was a joke. We finished the phonics for the whole week yesterday, and the kids are bored with it! They just want to read. I spoke to the principal and she said "move on! Don't waste time on it if they all know it!" So, yeah! We are into our readers on day two (FYI, that is not supposed to happen until about the 3rd week.) My class is smart!! They also fly through math, and beg me to move faster in that! So, this is going to be a fun year...

I can't wait to see the principals face when I tell her about the baby!

2 comments:

Judy said...

when are you due again?

Richards' said...

Judy,
I have not seen a doctor yet, but the best estimate I have is early March... my dads b-day is the 6th and Tammy's is the 8th, so we are hoping for one of those days :)